Saturday 19 May 2007

Tibouchina

My Tibouchina are looking a bit bedgraggled. Of course the lack of water with the drought is one cause, though they get quite a bit of water as I empty my washing machine water near the base of the tree.

The greatest cause of mischief the plant is the passionfruit vine that sprung from nowhere, and despite the drought has produced an amazing crop. I've preserved them, I've given them away, I've frozen them, I've eaten them - and still can't keep up with them.

The weight of the heavily laden vine has broken branches on the Tibouchina bush - because it is somewhere beneath that the passionfruit vine has sprung from.

Soon the passionfruit crop will be finished, and then I can try and revive the Tibouchina. In spring it should be a mass of purple flowers.

No comments: