Wednesday 14 November 2007

More roses - at church.

Though it was Sunday, I didn't "go" to church - but I did take my grandson for a play in the park right beside the church that I workshipped at years ago in Adelaide.

I remember when the church opened when I was a little girl - a long time ago. We lived not far away and would generally walk to church each Sunday morning. I remember visiting the church in the last few years - it is smaller than I remember it.

It is called St Elizabeth's after St Elizabeth of Hungary. I probably remembered once why it was named that but I don't recall now. They have a spectacular garden which features roses. The water for the garden is collected underground from the car park,so that always the gardens are a picture. Even through the drought period. The old church has some additional buildings to it now - quite different to what it was when it was built.

Funny, it is almost opposite a spectacular Hindu temple - slightly weird in suburban Adelaide.


No comments: