Wednesday 11 June 2008

Gardenia


ir

The hedge of Gardenias sits along a very smelly walk in the college. Perhaps the sewerage pipes are around here. In any case at times there is an odd smell emanating from something near here.

We have watched as the Gardenia hedge sprung forth with Spring growth, and watched as the buds formed. And then it happened. One Monday morning as I was passing on my way to class I saw the first buds. There were two that had opened up.

Within days there was a mass of blooms and the delicate aroma, the sweet delicate fragrance of the Gardenia filled our nostrils as we passed by. Late in the afternoon and early evening is best as the air is filled with this fragrance.

The flowers attract many students who pick the flowers - they don't live long, but I am sure the fragrance in the dormitories is most appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If im in the situation of the owner of this blog. I dont know how to post this kind of topic. he has a nice idea.