Monday 31 August 2009

Iris


I've taken quite a few photos of Irises - because I have "found" them in the most amazing places.

There seemed to be quite a few flowering in China in spring, and also in South Korea, where I saw masses of them in flower making a magic scene.

Sadly I've not seen them in such numbers here in Australia, though I am sure that in New South Wales, or Victoria there are huge fields of them - I just haven't seen them.

I purchased a bunch (5 stems) today, some of them were partly opened like this one, but others were still in bud and surely will open over the next few days.

As I have a new Canon SLR Camera, I've been taking lots of photos - and thought this one was good. Enjoy.

2 comments:

kero said...

They are fantastic photos. you are very clever in photography

Di Hill said...

Thank you Kero.