Saturday 3 July 2010

Water on the Lily Pads.


In my last few days in China I visited a former student in Xiaoshan, which is near Hangzhou. Actually the international airport that services that region is at Xiaoshan. I had caught the bus from Shaoxing, which travelled from that city through Keqaio and on to Xiaoshan - it was all built area with very old housing and industrial buildings along the route. Somewhat depressing really, and when I arrived SY was not far away and turned up in her new red car.

The city was busy and she could not get a park so she drove to a newer area where the city was being rebuilt. Wider roads, modern buildings and more parks. The shopping centre was very quiet and there was plenty of parking. We had lunchat a little restaurant, before she drove out to a lake. A very pretty lake.

The photos above were taken around the lake. I am not sure whether they are lily pads or lotus. I thought lotus leaves usually swayed above the water, but there were lotus flowers and no leaves other than these sitting on the top of the water. I thought the little pools of water sitting on the lily pads were fascinating.

It had rained heavily not long before we arrived and the water on the lily pad was no doubt from that rain.

No comments: