Thursday 16 August 2007

Blossom

I've just been in Adelaide to visit the folks, and found more opportunities to take some photographs for this blog. One thing I remember well from my childhood is the almond blossom in Spring. It was a big area for almond growing - but sadly many of the almond growing areas have been turned into houseing estates.


I didn't get to take a photo of almond blossom - there was some around and as we went to Willunga - which is more vineyards than almonds no - the opportunity just didn't arise.


The blossom in this photograph is probably prunus - or a plum tree which was growing in the front yard of someone's home near Oaklands Park. It certainly brought back memories as when we were children we had an array of fruit trees growing in the back yard, and I do remember well the plums, apricots, peaches, and especially the two almond trees that sprung to life each spring with their blossom.




No comments: